Logo design is essential and should be one of the first things a business thinks about after their Why; however, many businesses completely ignore a logo. This is to their detriment! They’re missing out on easy advertising, well once you have a logo designed. That’s why we’re sharing 5 reasons a logo is essential!
So, why do you need a logo? Pretty much 90% of people living in a first-world country will recognize these brands. The other 10% are the babies who can’t identify anything yet. So, if you want to dominate your industry you need an easily identifiable trademark i.e. a logo.
However, logos are not the end-all-be-all of your business. If you don’t know ‘why’ you do what you do, your logo won’t mean anything. You won’t have emotions, a message, a mission, or values to attach to your logo to give it meaning. Logos are a valuable tool for your brand identity, but they are not the most important part.
The flip-side of this is if you go somewhere like Fiver, where you can get a logo for $5, you’ll get what you pay for. A logo has to stand out and identify your business. It can’t do that if it looks like every other logo in your industry (essentially a brand zombie), so choose your designer carefully.
Logos are important because:
1 – A logo reveals your identity
Remember watching old Westerns? Traditionally, they branded cattle to mark ownership. Your logo should do the same (without the pain).
2 – Invites new customers
People like shiny things. I’m convinced we’re all magpies with the way we hoard certain items. The same thing applies to your logo on your storefront and every package you send out. Your logo should be designed to draw interest, prompting your audience to, at the very least look. At best, they should buy your products.
3 – Makes you Iconic
4 – Builds Brand Loyalty
5 – Used absolutely everywhere